Monday, June 26, 2006

From Ocean to Lake

After a few days of recovery from overseas trips we're getting back to "normal" if there is such a thing. Pretty interesting trips. I'd have to say, from a wanna be triathlete perspective, the highlight of the trip was open water swimming in the Cayman Islands and in Brazil. Lots of open water confidence built up!

Having said that...the diet was a disaster. So tonight I decided to put an Oly distance on the calendar. It will be Pinehurst on October 7. I feel like I have a lot of work to do before then but as long as I stick to "get serious day" on July 1 it should not be too difficult. I will put in lots of open water swims before then with Travis paddling the new kayak around while I swim in Falls Lake.

A couple of marathons are also looming so I have to up my mileage and get back to long distance Friday. I'll start with 12 miles every Friday and work up to 22 over the next 6 weeks. Then I'll be solid.

On a sad note we had an actual drowning of one of the Company guests during the Brazil trip. The surf is very rough in Rio and he got caught by the riptide. It took four days to recover his body 50 miles away. He was only playing in waist deep water when it occurred...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home