Saturday, May 20, 2006

San Fran - Bay to Breakers 15K

We arrived in SF last night at 8PM local time. Sunday is the ING Bay to Breakers race. This will be our first running of the race. I think Heather and I will run together on this one. Easy pace for taking photos of the festive occasion. Its supposed to be an outrageous race with nudity, costumes, kegs of beer along the way, etc. I think there are 70,000-80,000 runners participating!

On a more serious note I tested a new purchase yesterday. I ran my 15 miler with an Ultimate Direction Matrix. Its a really cool belt to carry your stuff and a bottle while running. The problem is that the bottle is held in a sleeve that is parallel to the ground. The darn thing falls out a half mile into the run due to your liquid sloshing around. I did come up with a fix. I stopped at Harris Teeter (24 hr grocery store on my route) and bought a roll of athletic tape. Then I wrapped the bottle with the tape to make it grippier on the outside. That seemed to work the rest of the run. We'll see if that keeps up as we're carrying it tomorrow so we can carry camera, cash, event passes, etc.

Details and pics from the race coming tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home