Monday, June 05, 2006

Kerr Lake Int'l Distance and my new toy

What a great race! There were several things that made this race very different from my first tri experience in White Lake.

1) Fewer casual triathletes. The Int'l distance seems to bring out the fast and furious.
2) A great swim course for spectators. It was a triangle where fans could see the swimmers well throughout the swim.
3) A fast finish for the bike and run down a two mile hill. This made for many "neck and neck" battles at the finish.

For me, I was the run leg of a team that won the relay division so all was good for me. The hard part is watching all those triathletes competing and working harder than I did while I ran with them all. I was, however, satisfied with a 38min 10K and our team win. Congrats to my teammates Jamie and Samantha. I was lucky to be invited to this strong team...and all I had to do was do what I do best.

Congrats also to all the members of the Finley YMCA who again showed up in large numbers as the Tri craze continues. And especially my buddy John who finished very strong in his second tri and first Int'l distance.

Finally, here is a pic of my new toy. The boat that is. Ready to accompany me at the lake when I practice my open water swims. My kids and wife will learn boat handling while I learn murky water swimming for long distances. Stay tuned.

1 Comments:

Blogger TriDaddy said...

Congrats on your finish! Great 10k time! You're right about the better athletes in the longer races. I was surprised to have posted faster paces last year at Kerr Lake than my sprints, but placed lower in the standings. Great course, though.

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home