Monday, May 15, 2006

Improving my swim...and thoughts on getting older

I took my fourth swim lesson this morning and learned the finger drag. Dragging my fingertips alongside my ear on the way forward helps me lift my elbows and rotate my shoulder properly. Seemed like an easy one to slowly work into my new found self-study-Total-Immersion workouts. Good tip from teacher. Now if I can somehow make this part of my progress towards 2.4 miles in the water.

To change subjects in a big way...I've been wondering lately why it seems that, up to about age 25, I wanted to do was be older, more mature, and more successful. Also at about that age I started to feel like I was actually getting older. At age 29 we had our first child and my fitness started to slide slowly. Finally, at age 35, all I want to do is be more fit and younger. At 36 I have decided that there must be some value to being "older and wiser" as they say. Maybe that will help me finishing IM in 07. Hmmmmm....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home