Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Training along the way


About a week ago I asked my father "which city is halfway between Raleigh and Madison?" I was looking for a way to fit my short training ride in while we were on the road. The trainer just didn't sound fun this close to IM day. As it turns out Louisville, KY was about half way.

I decided to map a ride route in Louisville. I considered a route along the river where the Louisville IM was two weeks ago. But then I though I should at least google for a group ride. That's when I found the Louisville Bicycle Club. Check out this club's schedule. A ride, or multiple rides, every day! So I made a phone call and was welcomed to join in during my short stay in Louisville.

I had a great ride with their club tonight. 70 riders! We went through many parts of the city including the river front and downtown. I made a few new friends, had an easy spin at 18+mph, and felt great about the start of my IM road adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home