Saturday, September 01, 2007

8 Days to IM, Depart in 4 Days


Today marked the last "long ride" day (60 seems short now) and I was able to do it race ready w/the wheels, new cassette, and clean drivetrain. 60 miles over three hours followed by a 15 minute t-run. The weather made me realize how badly we've been tormenting ourselves here in NC with this record heat month. Today was comfortably in the 70s and it shows in my performance, comfort during ride, and recovery. I feel great. 18.5mph average. That's a huge difference from last week's finish, completely depleted, at 97 degrees. If I can get this weather and replicate this effort for the first half of the IM WI bike, I'll be fired up!

This afternoon I began the prep. Tuesday my dad and I hit the road. Next Friday the family arrives via airplane. Its all coming together...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home