Monday, September 03, 2007

Departure day tomorrow, 6 days to IM Wisconsin


I decided to pull this picture from my first triathlon in May of 2006. The guy in the lower right corner is me. You are seeing a picture of one of the five strokes of freestyle I did that day. I "raced" the other 800meters doing backstroke. That panic-striken swim was the catalyst that made me decide that the only way I would learn to swim better was to take on a bigger swim challenge. So I signed up for an Ironman. And here I am today, a few days out, and still most intimidated by the swim. But my chances (and confidence, and technique) are improved greatly. Still not "great", but improved greatly from that day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brett said...

Good luck, Lucky! I'll be following along online and sending you go fast vibes. I'm sure you are going to have a great race. Remember, this is supposed to be fun!

Brett

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home