Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Hurry up and wait...

I made a semi-conscious decision to stay home from work today (and work some from home) so that I could do four key things:

1) See my parents off on their ride back to Oklahoma after a nice two week stay with us and the kids - SUCCEEDED
2) Help Mrs. Lucky get the kids back to school after a long break...one in which they often mysteriously get a "tummy ache" on the morning school is to begin again - SUCCEEDED
3) Sign up for a 2007 Key Race - The White Lake Half Ironman triathlon in May. I am currenty failing on this one. At about 11:57AM, 3 minutes before the associated website went live for registrations, it bombed out. They finally have a "sorry we're working on it" message up now at 12:30PM - PENDING
4) Go for a 10 mile run AFTER I register - PENDING

So I thought I would take a moment to say happy new year and remind you of two of my biggest rookie tri-learnings of 2007.

1) There is a unique spot that can be shaved on men to make the long bike ride more comfortable
2) Get your workout in before 8AM and you are guaranteed a great day (I confess I already knew this one)

Out.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger TriDaddy said...

You are an awesome son, dad and husband! I know your family must really appreciate you!

Hope you got into White Lake. A few people called me at the magazine today to see if I knew anything about the problem, which of course I didn't.

Emerald Isle has been on my list for the past two years just because of the ocean swim! Maybe I'll get there this year!

11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay - Now I feel MUCH better, knowing that 'I'do NOT have to'Shave' in places that might be nervous to me and my Wife! Had a Great 1st and realy enjoyed seeing your 'rents' - Super Mom / Dad.
OUT - Uncle R

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home