Sunday, October 15, 2006

New bike ride, big run.

Well, after purchasing the "flame" (my son's suggested name for my bike) or the "lightning" (my daughter's suggested name) on Thursday I did what anyone would do after getting a new bike....I went for a 20 mile RUN on Friday. Don't try to understand the logic. I have trouble not making my 5AM big run every Friday...that's it. As far as the names, I'm flattered that both my kids seem to think I'll be dangerous on my new ride. I can only hope to live up to the names they've chosen!

The downside of letting my bike sit idle for 48 hours after purchase is that I was, of course, dying to get out and test ride. So I followed my 20 mile run Friday with a short hard ride of 16 miles on Saturday. Not the best of ideas despite my feeling like I was riding fast. I couldn't tell if the discomfort on the bike was the result of ill fitting bike parts or just non-working human body parts. Seems like I'll need another ride this week to find out if bike adjustments will actually be needed.

The Emerald Isle Sprint Tri is Saturday so I'll get my true test ride there. I know nothing about this race other than where it is and that it has an ocean swim. Apparently the ocean temp is still hovering at a comfortable 75 degrees. Should be nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home