Sunday, October 22, 2006

Emerald Isle Tri - an ocean swim and my new bike test!!

Results are in from the Emerald Isle Triathlon. Big improvement for me against a bit less competitive crowd than my past two triathlons. Still plenty of fancy tri bikes and fast competitors though.

My results:
Swim 825meters 20:28 (78/205)
Bike 12miles 37:47 (33/205)
Run 3.2miles 20:50 (9/205)

The ocean swim was a blast. The running start from the beach was a new twist for me. I was mildly exhaused and a bit delerious by the end of the swim but I felt like I'd survived some sort of test rather than raced 350 yards offshore and back. I will try to do more ocean swim races!

The bike leg was fun on the new tri bike. My pedometer/speedometer didn't work as I foolishly forgot to calibrate it when I bought it last week. It was calibrated all wrong and told me I was going 34mph. I wish. I still feel pretty good about 33rd place. I need to really spend time on the bike as I move into next spring.

Run was pretty normal. Had some salt water sloshing around in my belly that didn't help me run faster...but I did OK anyway.

Off to a big travel week beginning Monday. Will likely get a few runs in but nothing on the bike or swim until at least Friday or Saturday.

1 Comments:

Blogger TriDaddy said...

Awesome! I've always wanted to do this race, but schedule conflicts caused me to miss it the last two years. IM Florida will be my first ocean tri! I cant wait!

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home