Sunday, November 26, 2006

The Funk (by design)

Turkey, Ham, Mashed potatoes....repeat on day 2. Yum.

I had a great time with the family in OK this past weekend. It was a short but fun visit. I even got to run with the cows and horses out at the Lake in remote Grove, OK.

My weekly training hours have been slipping...partially by design. Its a good few weeks to be in the funk before my running mileage needs to increase for the ING Miami Marathon in late January. I shouldn't be too shook up though because today brought me a strong 15.2 miler in under two hours. I went out expecting an easy run and was rewarded due to a good night's sleep, back to normal eating, and 34 degrees at my 7AM start. I will also credit the extra meat on my bones for increased energy.

Thanks to my parents and the Cortrights for the great hospitality and great food this weekend. Back to the regimen!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

Hey there. Thanks for your comment on my blog, which allowed me to find yours. Looks like we're toeing the line together at IMLP! Best of luck with your training. Look forward to following along your journey too.

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home