Saturday, September 30, 2006

More Flat is Good


4:37AM, that is. Early kickoff and great day in Tampa, FL yesterday. As you can see the early wakeups are not too much of a problem. I'm even taking photos, albeit not very exciting ones!

There is little that is like running around South Tampa before sunrise. Running along Bayshore Ave you get to see porpoises almost sleeping just feet from the sea wall. The wide sidewalk reaches for about 5 miles. Getting there from my airport hotel only takes about a 40 minute run. Check out the route here. I love Gmaps Pedometer. I live by it at home and on the road.

My big 17 miler (I didn't make it all the way to MacDill AFB) was easier than expected. Perhaps it was my new use of Gatorade endurance and the electrolyte tabs I tried for the first time. Or maybe it was just flat, flat, flat. Makes a big difference! I even followed my run with 18 holes of golf - riding of course...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home