Wednesday, August 23, 2006

And so it shall be -- Ironman USA Lake Placid 2007

I'm in. Strangely its like a weight off my shoulders having my IM event on the calendar. It has given me a clarity of direction I did not have ever since deciding I wanted to do an IM. I did not expect to find out with only 11 months to prepare but my base is good (save for swim) and I am prepared to commit. 11 months is a long time. 330 days.

My wife knows, my mother knows. Others can find out if they ask. I want to make the preparation a big and fairly silent part of my life without massive interference with their lives. I think I will see 4:30AM now instead of 5:15AM each day. We shall see. For now, I will focus on:

- a few marathons over the next 4 months
- finding my coach
- wetsuit
- bike
- my Oly distance Tri 10/7
- Travis, Olivia, and Heather every day

Oh my. The clock is ticking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home