Monday, August 21, 2006

Hood to Coast

Its been a while since I've posted but there has been no stoppage in the training or travel schedule. This weekend will be my fifth Hood to Coast Relay in Oregon. I've been riding in the mountains of NC, running all over Raleigh, and swimming in mucky Falls Lake (need a LOT more of the swim of course).

On Thursday I hop on the plane for the trip across the USA. I arrive in Portland at about 4PM and will likely get checked in and head to the Beavers ballgame. Early Friday we meet and head up to Mt. Hood for the event.

If you've never heard of this race you need to check it out. The format is outstanding (I believe its been copied now in a few places) with limit pushing factors like 12 person teams split between two transport/support vans, three legs per runner of up to 8 miles each over a 24 hour period (hills often included), lack of sleep, and varied weather. Check it out at Hood to Coast 2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home