Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Ditch the workout and eat mexican breakfast tacos?

Today I learned a lot.

My schedule had me doing a 2 hour turbo spin, which is essentially an interval workout with 3 to 5 10-20 minute intervals followed by brief periods of recovery spin. After that I was to run 45 minutes right off the bike. Pretty big day considering the huge bike and run weekend I just endured.

Well, 40 minutes into the bike I mentally cracked. I could not get my HR into the proper zone and my legs were not happy. I was angry and stopped, got off, and went and showered. Sometime during the shower I committed that I would come back later in the day and try again. When I left the gym I decided that I needed some comfort food to make me happy so I drove across town to get breakfast tacos at a great little mexican hideaway...which was closed until 9AM. It was 7AM. I was further angered so I got my coffee and settled for a much less exciting breakfast. Then off to work.

At 4PM I sprung myself from the office and headed back to the gym. I'm proud to say that I must have really scared the bike by hammering my way through the most difficult turbo spin I've ever had for 70 minutes. I have to say it was difficult on the bike -- but rewarding. However, the run was awesome. Not fast, but comfortable and at a healthy pace considering my previous experiences of the day and the 93 degree heat.

What did I learn? The breakfast taco place opens at 9AM. And you can leave a crappy workout behind and come back to redeem!

1 Comments:

Blogger TriDaddy said...

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who has mornings like that. I showed up at the pool at 5am the other day, certain it opened earlier since my normal pool was closed... no luck. I had a nice angry swim when it finally opened at 5:30.

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home