Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A bad workout is better than...

...no workout at all.

Today I had a bad workout. The Tri-Gods had been telling me all day that I should take off today (which would have made two days off in a row - yikes). I'm just not recovered yet from a 20+ mile running weekend and the red-eye flight I took home yesterday, the Gods implied. But against their judgement I decided to workout anyway. I had just returned home from having taken a 6AM flight to Atlanta, eating way too big a lunch, and having an "off schedule GI tract". Additional details forthcoming on that one.

Here's the workout:
I went to the YMCA and completed 3/4 of my scheduled 1:15 turbo spin bike and a 13 minute T-run. That's right. 13 whole minutes. Then I went home.

Here are the excuses:
1) One of my gel's exploded in my bag and covered my ipod, earphones, goggles, spare watch, the rest of my gel's and my bag prior to my workout. Bad omen. 2) I didn't go #2 before I left the house in the morning because I'm "off schedule" (why? see excuses #3 and #4 following). 3) I have been on an airplane 7 of the last 8 days. 4) I took the red-eye home from San Francisco about 30 hours before the workout. 5) I got to bed at 9:30 last night hoping to catch up on my sleep but then I had to leave my house at 4:45AM today to catch a flight. Then I had meetings all day and almost missed my flight home at 3PM. 6) I ate "leaded" crawfish chowder and a huge fried chicken salad for lunch. 7) I'm sunburned on top of my bald head from my runs in San Francisco over the weekend. 8) I forgot my hat which keeps sweat from dripping into my eyes on the spin bike. 9) I called home right before the workout to discover my son was in his usual tantrum over his challenging spelling words.

I rarely lean on excuses. That's why I loaded this workout description with all of them could. Now I can move on and never have any again.

2 Comments:

Blogger TriDaddy said...

It happens to the best of us...

But I do like the idea of granting myself an occasional "excuse post"!

5:22 AM  
Blogger Brett said...

Hey, at least you didn't run over a cocker spaniel!

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home