Saturday, May 19, 2007

Another fine day in...San Francisco?


How lucky am I. After a great Friday with two solid workouts, I hopped on a plane and was in San Francisco last night by 6:15PM local time. Not a very eventful night as I was pretty whooped from my 18 hour day with almost 3 hours of bike and swim mixed in. My local San Francisco events began at 6AM this morning.

One of my favorite places on earth to run is here. I typically stay down near the financial district or Union Square which offers me the opportunity to circle a great part of the City's bay waterfront on a long run. Today's 6AM run was about 14 miles. Great pictures to follow in another post but here is the route.

It was an outstanding sunrise. Fog, sun, fog, sun, haze, rain, wind. I love that I can be hot while running along the embarcadero then be freezing cold and holding onto my hat as I run across the Golden Gate Bridge. Its especially neat when the fog horn is blowing (not sure of when that is but I've had it blowing during one run) and its raining and windy. On a related topic I am always amazed by the number of cyclists who appear to be commuting across the bridge in any weather. How cool would that be. Live in Marin County and bike to work in San Francisco. If only I were a billionaire....

Now I'm off to the ING Bay to Breakers expo. I am in town to do all I can to help promote ING's great running events and how we use them to get children more interested in fitness through the Run for Something Better program. I am lucky to be working for such a fine company and passionate about children's health and my own fitness. Oh yeah, and I'll be running another 12K tomorrow in the race. Recovery run of course. These events bring it all together for me!

1 Comments:

Blogger Brett said...

Congrats on being able to run in such a cool place. Hope the race went well. By the way, I have an ING account. :)

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home