Monday, April 16, 2007

It rained so hard during my ride yesterday...

...that there was actually water inside my rims today. Front and back. I'm not sure how this occurred, but my 4 hour ride yesterday through downpour and hail (and tornado watch) left me with about a tablespoon of water inside each rim. It was a great ride. 60miles of bliss. The hail pellets actually hurt my bald head as they landed between the slats in my helmet. I estimate I pedaled through 1.25" of accumulation.

On a completely unrelated note, I, along with the rest of the world, sit stunned at the tragedy at Va Tech today. It is amazing how quickly digital pictures, digital video and blogs can make first hand accounts almost instantaneously accessible to any internet user. My kids will clearly grow up in a different world than I did. Probably more stressful due to information overload.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home