Saturday, March 03, 2007

Finley YMCA Time Trial


Today I participated in 2/3 of the Finley YMCA Tri Club time trial. This event is primarily for newbies, but since I'm a newbie to the club, I was able to participate. Having three complete triathlons under my belt didn't disqualify me.

I chose not to run because I didn't want to deviate too far from my training prescription from my coach. So, on this scheduled day off, I hammered a 300 yard mini-swim and a 14 mile bike. I came out of the water in 5:40 (good for me I think) and did the ride in well under 40 minutes (forgot to stop my watch). My feet froze on the bike as I didn't wear socks and it was probably about 48 degrees. I also received a "pretend" drafting penalty for riding too close to another rider. Good learning experience!

Here is my favorite picture of me for the day. Its kind of blurry but I think its good as my rotation looks good via my high elbow...right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home