Tuesday, February 06, 2007


As I begin my first real week of Ironman training I'm also beginning my first real week of partnership with the Children's Fund of North Carolina. Today I visited with Christine Cotton and I went on a tour of the University of North Carolina Children's Hospital whose patients are the primary benefactors of the Fund's efforts.

Wow, how inspiring. While I was there I toured the pediatric intensive care unit, the neonatal intensive care unit, the rehabilitation facilities, the intermediate cardiac care unit, and many other child-focused care units. It was amazing to see how child and family focused all of the areas were with their kid-friendly decor and the services to accomodate the families of the patients. Check it out for yourself here. Note the on-site school for children who have to stay a while!

After that I visited with Christine Cotton, Executive Director of the Children's Fund of North Carolina. We brainstormed ways that I could help raise funds and volunteer my time to help. What a fantastic start to my accompanying Ironman mission!

1 Comments:

Blogger Buttar Dot Com said...

Ironman + a purpose ... can't ask for anything more :)

Fabian F
www.buttar.com
support@buttar.com

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home